Dear Members and Friends of Hammond Presbyterian Church,
As vaccines are administered, new scientific understanding develops, and guidance from the state and presbytery are revised, we continue in our steadfast commitment to make our gatherings for worship services safe, accessible, and meaningful for all who wish to attend. With that goal in mind, the Hammond Presbyterian Church session will begin providing regular updates to our guidance for best practices in worship. These updates will reflect, as best we are able, the advice of the presbytery, the directions of public health officials, and those conditions particular to our community. The most up-to-date guidelines are in the space immediately following this letter, and they will be reviewed frequently as conditions continue to evolve.
We respect your personal choices. You return when it’s the right time for you. Your session members continue to be concerned for the health and well-being of our congregation and our community is our primary concern.
Blessings to all,
Members of the Session
Lynn DeCondo, clerk
Rev. Dr. Shea Zellweger
Current Guidelines (Updated June 20)
· Masks continue to be required in worship for all unvaccinated people. Those who are fully immunized may choose to go without masks in all settings but our Church Session advises that everyone should wear a mask. Outdoor gatherings no longer require masks. We ask that members use their best discretion in meetings, based on the risk of those in attendance.
· Social distancing is no longer required. However, we continue to offer it as an option. Those wishing to continue to social distance are invited to sit on the left side of the sanctuary.
· Online worship via Facebook live is available for those unable or not yet ready to return to the sanctuary.
· Members are encouraged to join in responsive readings and prayers, and may sing or hum along with hymns.
· Singing will is now led by members of the choir.
· All worship content is displayed on screen.
· Individual prayer requests may be emailed or phoned ahead to Tara for reading at the service (email@example.com or (315)324-5665)
· Prayers may also be spoken aloud during our prayers of the people - please be mindful of privacy concerns when doing so.
· Sunday school begins at 10:30 in the chapel.
Copyright © 2021 Hammond Presbyterian Church - All Rights Reserved.